Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update

I sometimes wonder why in the world I even try to keep a blog.  I'm horrible about keeping it updated.  I don't ever take pictures of the things we do do, so I can't even prove we've done anything.  I think part of that has to do with the fact that we really are boring people.  We wake up, go to work, come home, play with the dogs, go to bed and do it all over again.  We throw in an occasional trip to Ohio, and basically that is our lives in a nut shell.  I will concede though that this past month we've had a little more than that going on.  So here it is.

Matt had a six month checkup at the dentist's office around the end of April.  When he went they said he had a ton of cavities all of a sudden and needed to get them filled.  So we went back to get a couple of them fixed, and came home complaining up a storm that his mouth hurt.  I, who growing up was the cavity queen, told him to get over it, it'd be fine the next day.  Throughout the next couple of days he kept complaining, and let me tell you, it was getting annoying.  So I told him to call the dentist back and get them to fix it.  He went back, and they adjusted his bite.  Well, he said his mouth was still hurting him, and it was really the whole right side of his face.  I couldn't kiss him, I couldn't touch him, the dogs couldn't do anything near him, he was just generally in a poopy mood.  It was sure starting to wear on my nerves.  So I made him call them again, and go back.  Well he did, and they now said he needed a root canal!  I kept thinking, it sure is convienent that when he went 6 months ago his teeth were fine, and now all of a sudden they are falling apart.  Well he was very nervous about getting a root canal, and they couldn't get him in until the end of May for that.  After a lot of talking, he decided to not go back to them and find another dentist.  He found one, they got him in out Tuesday, the 31st, and they said they just needed to adjust his bite some more.  He came hom stating he already could tell a difference.  I just now called him, to ask how it is, and he said it's nothing, he doesn't want to jinx it.  :)  So, I'm here to tell you it must be better, because he's not complaining.  I am so much happier, I thought I was going to have to pull all of his teeth myself to get him to quit complaining about them!  Oh yeah, and the new dentist said that he didn't need a root canal after all, so I really don't know what the deal was with that other dentist office.  F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G!

We went up to Ohio for Mother's Day and spent the whole weekend with Matt's family.  It was such a nice weekend.  Besides Matt's complaining about his mouth, that made him pretty grumpy.  The rear brakes on my car needed to be changed, so while we were at his Dad's house he took care of that.  In the process, we now know, my car doesn't have a jack.  I mean really, who keeps the jack for an 06 Altima?!  That's craziness.  Anyway, now he just needs to do the front brakes.  I'm very grateful for a husband who knows how to do those things, and if he doesn't know, he's willing to learn, and willing to put up with my constant questioning of "Do you want me to just call my Dad and ask him?"  I sure do love him for all of those things!

The following weekend Matt left for DHI for 10 days.  DHI is Door & Hardware Institute.  It is a school for our industry, that allows people to get certifications.  Matt is embarking on a 2+ year program to get his AHC (Architectural Hardware Consultant), CDC (Commercial Door Consultant), and EHC (Electrical Hardware Consultant).  There are only about 10 people in the whole country who have all three certifications.  He got to go to Lansdowne, VA and stay in a 100 square foot room, and go to class from 8 to 5:30 Sunday through Sunday.  Needless to say, I was ready for him to come home after 10 days and he was ready to come home too.

So, the month of May at least had a few things going on worth updating.  I'll think about what has happened in June so far, and maybe blog about that. :)

No comments: