Monday, February 14, 2011

House

Well after what feels like 20 years, our house has finally been rented! We were trying to sell it and after determining we were very tired of making a mortgage payment every month on top of rent, we decided to try and rent it. We have been so extremely blessed. The people looked at it and immediately signed a year long lease and moved right in. I just hope they take care of it as well as we tried and love it as much as I do. It's been very bittersweet. I have absolutely loved that house, partly I'm sure because it was our first house. But, that house suited our needs perfectly. There was nothing about that house that I hated or didn't like. I never had constant complaints about it, or things I wanted to change. I couldn't have asked for a better first house.

As far as being in Louisville I can't say the same things about where we live. I've determined I don't do well in small apartments. I also don't do well not having my puppies with us. Since we've gotten the house rented, we are looking at moving into a bigger/nicer apartment where we can have the dogs. My sister Jeanne is taking the best care of them, and I know they love having Max, but their mommy and daddy sure miss them. The only downside of changing apartments is having to pack again! I sure don't do well with it, but this time I'll have Matt's help and my sisters, if I ask. I'm so grateful for living so much closer to family. I also know that when the time comes to actually move all we have to do is make a couple of phone calls and we can have family gallore here to help. I truly know this move was the right thing for us, but I'm not going to lie when I say it's been one of the hardest moves I've ever made. I guess once you get settled in your life it's that much harder to just pick up and move. I hope we can get settled like that once more. I sure loved North Carolina and all that it had to offer. I think Kentucky can eventually offer that to us too. :)

1 comment:

Alisa J said...

Yay! Glad you found renters, and glad that things are working out! We sure miss you guys!