Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mr. Mom

Our lives have been just a tad bit crazy lately aside from getting the girls. This year I got a second job working for H&R Block during tax season. I have really, really enjoyed it but working 60 hours a week has really begun taking a toll on me. Matt and I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal because in all reality, a person can do most anything for a short amount of time. Well, throw 2 little girls into the mix and things get down right insane! Matt has had to become Mr. Mom. He is doing such a great job at it. I really will say I'm very very proud of him. He always used to say before we got these girls that he would not bathe, change a diaper or any of those "personal" things to any kids besides his own. LOL!! Boy was he in for a rude awakening! Matt now gives baths almost every night, unless I'm home, he wipes bums, he does the diaper thing at night, he puts powder and diaper rash creams on those little bums and basically everything else he said he'd never do unless it was his own kid. I will say it usually grosses him out to some small degree, but truly, he does a very good job of it. I am extremely grateful for him doing that, and I know the girls enjoy it too because he always makes a big deal of it and they just think it's hilarious. I now know that I won't have to worry about being in "that" marriage where the husband never helps with the kids. If anything I feel completely opposite with me not being there to help, but not by my choosing. I really hate missing those fun times with the girls in the evenings, but I just keep telling myself 8 more weeks, 8 more weeks, 8 more weeks. I know that Matt is saying the exact same thing to himself. :)

No comments: